Microsoft Excel is a powerful data analysis tool. It is a part of the Microsoft Office suite software. Excel is available across Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. It is a spreadsheet program that helps the user organise statistical data. Excel can perform mathematical calculations, draw graphs and charts etc. The users can create efficient reports with the help of Excel.
MS Excel has become an integral part of every business now. It is even useful in myriad and innovative ways in the academic world.
Let us have a look at how to use MS-Excel effectively in the teaching-learning process.
- Teachers can use Excel to convert any spreadsheet into a web page and share it with students. This is an effective way of increasing teaching efficiency.
- Excel can promote visual learning. Using this application, teachers can prepare a graphic presentation of any content. Such a visual representation of content makes it easier for students to remember the lesson.
- For interpreting any student- or academic-related data, MS-Excel is a great help for teachers and academic staff alike. Excel macro applications are quite useful to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Excel is highly useful for students as well. They make use of the application to generate graphs and charts. It is now increasingly popular among students for projects etc.
- Excel can be used to generate a comparative analysis of various data related to school and students.